To see where we are and set targets for where we want to be, we regularly measure our Passenger Experience Metric (PEM). We draw on a variety of information when calculating this figure, including our train and station audits and our National Rail Passenger Survey results.
We want to improve our customer satisfaction and see an increase in PEM every year. Our targets are:
- 2014 – 75%
- 2015 – 76%
- 2016 – 80%
- 2017 – 82%
- 2018 – 83%
- 2019 – 84%
- 2020 – 84%
- 2021 – 84%
Want to see how we’re doing? Check out the latest Connections newsletter for the most recent PEM results.
Our plans for improvement
- Redeveloping Luton and St Albans stations
- Staffing 101 of our larger stations from first to last train
- Improving shops and cafes at all stations
- Increasing the numbers of security staff at stations and upgrading CCTV
- Installing Wi-Fi at 104 stations
- Introducing new train fleets
- Improving cleaning on trains
- Acting on customer feedback
Got an idea for what we could do even better?