You want a safe, comfortable and reliable train service. Find out more about what we’re doing to deliver that standard to our passengers.
What we're aiming for
Over our seven-year franchise, we’re looking to improve every aspect of our customer service experience.
We want to:
- Modernise the railway to make it easier to use
- Improve the reliability and capacity of our trains
- Make our staff more available on trains and in stations
- Use new technology to keep passengers informed and simplify ticket buying
- Improve the on board and station environment
It’s an ambitious plan. To get it done we’re thinking big – new trains, automatic ticket gates, new staff roles – and much more.
What we're working on
|Spring 2017||Ely service half hourly, calling at new station at Cambridge North|
|2017||Introduction of 'KeyGo' - enabling holders of 'the Key' smartcard to 'pay as you go'|
|2017||Ongoing driver recruitment, aiming to reach a total of 415 qualified Great Northern drivers by 31 December 2017|
|2018||Complete the introduction of our new Class 700 trains|
|2018||150 new carriages on the Moorgate route|