How do I book my train tickets?
Booking train tickets is simple. We offer several booking options to cater for customers' preferences.
- Online: It’s quick, easy and safe to buy train tickets online using our journey planer. You can choose your delivery method, and we won't charge you a pesky booking fee.
- Ticket office: If you’d prefer to speak to someone about your railway ticket, booking at a ticket office is the way to go. We have staffed ticket offices at our larger stations.
- Ticket machines: As well as collecting tickets bought online, you can use our self-service ticket machines to buy train tickets using cash or a credit or debit card.
- Contactless: If you’re travelling in and around London, you can tap your contactless payment card or device on the move, and we’ll charge you the best pay-as-you-go fare available on the day.
Learn more about the different ways to pay.
Where can I go with Great Northern?
Our trains operate between London and the east, making it quick and easy for you to get where you need to be.
You can head out of the capital and reach popular destinations like Peterborough, Cambridge, Stevenage, and King's Lynn.
Alternatively, take one of our regular services into central London, which are ideal for commuters and day-trippers!
Download our network map today to see where Great Northern can take you.
Which type of ticket should I buy?
We have a range of tickets to help you get from A to B, so you're sure to find an option that's right for you. Here are some of the ticket types on offer.
- Anytime tickets - unsure when you'll need to hop on board? Then an Anytime ticket may be the right choice. They are valid on any train, so you have flexibility to travel when it's best for you
- Off-peak tickets - can you travel when it's less busy? Then it may be worth hopping on the train during Off-Peak times. Tickets are often cheaper and trains are usually quieter, so it's a win-win for the flexible
- Season tickets - do you make regular trips with us? Then a weekly, monthly, or annual season ticket could save you money. They're more cost-effective and convenient than buying tickets every day
How can I make my train tickets cheaper?
We're committed to making your journey as cost-effective as possible. Here are some of the ways in which you can save when you book with us.
Book your train tickets today
Get the best-value train tickets by booking online today.
Subscribe to email updates. Get travel inspiration, journey updates and exclusive offers delivered straight to your inbox.
We will not pass on your personal information to any organisation outside of Great Northern.
Should we no longer operate the Great Northern franchise, please be aware that we will pass your details to the Successor franchise or Secretary of State for Transport to allow you to continue receiving service and/or marketing emails if you have consented to them.
Thank you for subscribing to receive relevant updates from Great Northern.
Something went wrong with your submission, please try again later.