What is Delay Repay?
Delay Repay is a national scheme that train companies use to compensate you for unexpected delays and cancellations.
You’re entitled to compensation for any delay or cancellation that causes you to arrive 15 minutes or more behind schedule, except where delays have been caused by planned engineering works.
How to claim Delay Repay
Applying online is quick and easy, and you can create an online account to store your details for future visits.
To complete the online or printed form, you’ll need proof of travel. Valid proof of travel depends on what type of ticket you have.
- Your original ticket
- A ticket receipt, if you no longer have your ticket
- A scan or photograph of your season ticket and photocard
- Your key smartcard number (shown on the front of your card)
Smartcard from another train company
- Your smartcard number
- A receipt or booking confirmation showing details of the tickets held on your smartcard
Oyster season ticket
- A receipt showing the date of purchase, the price you paid and the zones covered by your Oyster card
Oyster pay as you go or contactless payment
- A printout showing where you touched in and out and the cost of your journey
- You can get detailed information about your Oyster and contactless journeys from your account page on the TfL website
If you’re claiming by post, send your form to:
Freepost RTGL-ELXC- HAUU
Govia Thameslink Railway
All claims are checked and verified. Great Northern reserves the right to prosecute fraudulent claimants. Claims must be made by the person who experienced the delay except under mitigating circumstances.