Types of First Class ticket
Great Northern services on our long distance routes have first class accommodation. Routes with and without first class are shown below. Where first class is available, this will be clearly indicated by signage on the relevant carriages. On routes served by Thameslink trains, first class accommodation can be found at the very front of the train. The first class compartment at the rear of Thameslink trains is always declassified.
Routes with first class operate between;
- King’s Lynn/Cambridge and London King’s Cross/St Pancras
- Peterborough and London King’s Cross/St Pancras
Routes with standard class only operate between;
- Stevenage/Hertford North and Moorgate
- Welwyn Garden City and Moorgate
A number of stations are served by trains operating on different routes, some with and some without first class. We strongly recommend that you check in advance whether your planned service operates with first class or not. The easiest way to check is through our timetables pages.
If you have purchased a first class ticket, your journey is entirely on the Great Northern or Thameslink route and:
- The first class accommodation is declassified, or
- The first class accommodation at the front of the train is full and you are unable to find a first class seat
You can claim the appropriate difference between the standard and first class fare using our First Class claim form.
Wheelchair spaces are available within standard class accommodation only.