1. Your Student Connect Card is not a permit to travel; you’ll still need to buy a ticket.
2. Your card lets you buy reduced rate season tickets for your journey to school, specified on the Student Connect Card, from between one month and a year.
3. Your card isn’t valid on Virgin Trains East Coast services.
4. You must buy tickets for your journey before getting on the train. When you buy your ticket you must show your Student Connect Card. You must have the card with you throughout your journey.
5. You must be between 16 and 18 years old and in full time education.
6. Tickets bought with your Student Connect Card must expire before or on the expiry date of the card.
7. Your Student Connect Card, and any ticket bought with the card, is not transferable and can’t be given or lent to anyone else.
8. You must have your Student Connect Card and tickets ready to present for inspection when asked. If you don’t have both a valid card and ticket with you, you’ll have to pay the appropriate fare and penalty fare for your journey.
9. The Student Connect Card isn’t your property and if asked you must return it to us.
10. The card is not valid if it’s damaged, but you can order up to two replacement cards in a calendar year.
Replace a Student Connect Card
Replace a Cambridgeshire Student Connect card
You’ll have to pay an administration charge of £10.
11. You can’t use your Student Connect Card to buy tickets for, or travel in, First Class.
12. The card is subject to the National Rail Conditions of Carriage.
13. Great Northern reserves the right to contact your school to check your age and that you’re a member of the school.
14. We have the right to amend or withdraw this offer giving three months’ notice.
15. This discount scheme is currently not available on the key smartcard.