Booking tickets for a work outing? Going on a fun day out with friends or getting the old gang back together? Travel together and save money on your tickets.
Save money on group bookings
Train trips can work out cheaper when you travel with friends.
If you’re travelling in a group of 3-9 adults, GroupSave gives you a 34% discount on Off-Peak travel - that’s outside busy times on weekdays, and all day on weekends and Bank Holidays.
You’ll get the discount on the following tickets:
- Anytime Single (at Off-Peak times)
- Off-Peak Day Return
- Off-Peak Day Single
- Off-Peak Day Travelcards outside London
- Super Off-Peak
If you book your tickets online using our standard ticket booking website, you will be eligible for a money back guarantee.
GroupSave is also available from our ticket offices, but if you are travelling in a large group please purchase your tickets in advance of your date of travel.
Groups of 30 or more
Travelling with 30 people or a larger party? We can offer special discounts. The best fares are usually available during the quietest periods.
Call our group booking service for the best deal:
- Online booking form
- 0345 026 4700 (07:00 to 22:00 every day, except Xmas Day)
Please book in advance of your date of travel, as some routes have limited capacity and the more notice you give us the more likely we will be able to accept your booking.
Restrictions on group bookings
You can’t use GroupSave tickets during weekday peak times.
If any of your group has a railcard, it can’t be used to get an extra discount on your GroupSave ticket.
The whole group has to travel together on the same trains (so make sure you get along!).
GroupSave might not be available at some stations when there are big events. Check the GroupSave calendar for details.
The terms and conditions on this page of the National Rail website tell you more about when you can use group tickets.
- Full terms and conditions are available at your local station
- GroupSave fares are based on groups of three to nine people travelling together at all times. You can’t travel separately at any time. If you do, you could get a penalty fare
- You can use GroupSave discount tickets in London and the south east with Great Northern, Thameslink, Abellio Greater Anglia, c2c, Chiltern Railways, Gatwick Express, Great Western Railway, Island Line, London Midland, London Overground, Southeastern, South West Trains and Southern
- Your railcard can’t get you any further discounts on GroupSave tickets
- You can’t get or use GroupSave on services operated by East Midlands Trains to or from Bedford, Luton or Luton Airport Parkway and Virgin Trains East Coast Trains to or from Stevenage
- GroupSave is valid on Off-Peak Day Returns and Super Off-Peak Day Returns, for returns on the same day, subject to morning and evening peak travel time restrictions
- GroupSave is valid on Off-Peak Day Travelcard and Super Off Peak Day Travelcards for travel only from stations outside of the London area. You can’t buy them in the London Fares Zones 1-6
- You can use GroupSave on Off-Peak returns for return within one calendar month, subject to morning and evening peak travel time restrictions
- You won’t be able to use GroupSave at some stations during major events, for more information visit the National Rail website
- If you’re travelling only on the Thameslink network, up to 4 children per adult in the group can travel for £2 each, and under 5s travel free. The £2 fare isn’t available for journeys that start and finish within the London Fare Zones 1-6