Left something behind? Whether it’s a mobile phone, a set of keys or a trusty old umbrella, we’ll do our very best to get it back to you.
Please note: Our lost property office opening hours will be 08:00 - 15:00 until further notice. (closed on days impacted by industrial action)
To report a lost item please complete our lost property webform at the bottom of this page.
The more information you can give us, the more likely we are to find your item.
Please note consumable items such as food will be destroyed if found.
If you lost your item on a route that’s used by more than one Train Operating Company, we recommend you report your item to the other companies as well. Here are some useful links:
If we find something that matches the description of your lost item, we’ll contact you. If we haven’t been in touch after 14 days, unfortunately it’s likely that your item has not been found. Please check your junk mail folders in case we’ve emailed you.
If you gave us a contact number, we will also try to call you or send a text message.
- Lost item is handed to a member of staff
- Item is logged and kept securely at the station
- Item is collected from the station and taken to our distrubtion centre by internal mail
- Item is taken to the Lost Property office
- Thorough searches of each item are carried out. It is then logged onto the Lost Property system with full details recorded
- Checks are carried out against all reports of lost items received to see if it can be returned to you
- If we find your item we will email you to let you know. If you gave us a contact number we will also try to call you or send a text message
- Items are kept for three months and one day. We continually search daily reports to see if we can match your item
- If we unfortunately can't find the owner of an item after three months and one day we recycle or donate to good causes
If we get in touch to let you know we have found your item, you can arrange to collect it from our lost property office at City Thameslink station. The office can be found towards the end of the platform by the escalators at the Ludgate end of City Thameslink station.
You can collect lost property anytime from 8.00am until 15.00pm Monday to Friday. A small fee will be payable when collecting your item; the fee depends on the item’s value. If a courier service is available to you, we will let you know when we contact you to advise we have your item.
Your personal details will be held by the Go-Ahead Group on behalf of Great Northern. We will not pass on your personal information to any organisation outside of our Group of Companies (and Successor franchise or Secretary of State for Transport) for marketing purposes without your prior consent.
When you use our website, you trust us with your information. We use details about your journeys and your data to improve our communications to you.