Planned changes to train times
Check if there are any planned engineering works that’ll affect your Great Northern journey.
We are currently in a period of ongoing Industrial Action which may impact your journey. For the latest information and guidance please visit our Industrial Action page.
Planned engineering work
- To maintain and improve the railway, Network Rail carries out regular planned engineering works on the Great Northern network
- Work normally takes place at weekends or after 10 pm – but occasionally services are impacted at other times
- Information will be available here as soon as it is available
- Additionally, services may be subject to alteration as part of our amended timetable
- Please check before travelling, and see our live departures and arrivals for up-to-the-minute information
Planning a journey or buying a ticket in advance?
To find out more simply click the date that you wish to travel on the calendar below to get the full details of planned works as well as if these works have been uploaded to online journey planners.
- The furthest date that engineering work alterations have been included in online journey planners is available here
- The furthest date Advance Fares have been released for is available here.
- Some tickets may not be available online during engineering works. If you're unable to find your usual ticket, please use the ticket vending machines or ask at the station ticket office
Check for planned engineering works affecting your journey
Engineering work for Today
6 February - 10 February 2023 11:59 PM
Great Northern between Stevenage / Welwyn Garden City and Moorgate / London Kings Cross
Engineering work is taking place between at Harringay and Hornsey, closing some lines.
From 23:30 until approximately 03:00 each morning (ending Friday morning) no Southbound trains will call at Harringay or Hornsey.
You should use local London buses to complete your journey.
Check before you travel:
You can plan your journey using the National Rail Enquiries Journey Planner
You can plan your journey on London Buses by using the Transport for London Journey Planner