Planned changes to train times
Check if there are any planned engineering works that’ll affect your Great Northern journey.
Planned engineering work
- To maintain and improve the railway, Network Rail carries out regular planned engineering works on the Great Northern network
- Work normally takes place at weekends or after 10 pm – but occasionally services are impacted at other times
- Information will be available here as soon as it is available
- Additionally, services may be subject to alteration as part of our amended timetable
- Please check before travelling, and see our live departures and arrivals for up-to-the-minute information
Planning a journey or buying a ticket in advance?
To help plan your journey in advance, we have worked with our industry partners to upload the dates and locations of planned engineering works into the engineering works calendar below.
Normally, the timetable for any particular day is confirmed 12 weeks in advance. Due to the volume of jointly agreed engineering work taking place to improve the network, Network Rail and Great Northern will be confirming timetables closer to the date of travel. Wherever possible we've highlighted those affected journeys in our journey planner using a warning alert.
You can still book tickets in advance of travel. If you buy a ticket in advance and the journey is changed then you can either check how the service has been changed and continue to travel or apply for a refund.
Check for planned engineering works affecting your journey
Engineering work for Today
There are no planned engineering work for this date.