Planned changes to train times
Check if there are any planned engineering works that’ll affect your Great Northern journey.
Planned engineering work
- To maintain and improve the railway, Network Rail carries out regular planned engineering works on the Great Northern network
- Work normally takes place at weekends or after 10 pm – but occasionally services are impacted at other times
- Information will be available here as soon as it is available
- Additionally, services may be subject to alteration as part of our amended timetable
- Please check before travelling, and see our live departures and arrivals for up-to-the-minute information
Planning a journey or buying a ticket in advance?
Due to Coronavirus, planning engineering work is harder than usual. This means online journey planners, such as National Rail Enquiries, may only be updated with works close to when they are due to happen. To find out more simply click the date that you wish to travel on the calendar below to get the full details of planned works as well as if these works have been uploaded to online journey planners.
- The furthest date that engineering work alterations have been included in online journey planners is available here
- The furthest date Advance Fares have been released for is available here.
- Visit our Coronavirus page for current travel advice.
- Some tickets may not be available online during engineering works. If you're unable to find your usual ticket, please use the ticket vending machines or ask at the station ticket office
Check for planned engineering works affecting your journey
Engineering work for Today
20 September - 25 September 2021 11:59 PM
Between Moorgate / London Kings Cross and Hertford North / Stevenage / Welwyn Garden City
Engineering work is taking place overnight between Finsbury Park and Alexandra Palace finishing Saturday morning, closing some lines.
From approximately 22:30 until 05:15 trains will be unable to call at Harringay or Hornsey.
You can use your ticket on London buses to complete your journey.
Check before you travel:
You can plan your journey using the National Rail Enquiries Journey Planner
Although journey planners are showing correctly, your journey may be subject to alteration at short notice due to the Coronavirus outbreak. Please check before your journey.
You can plan your journey on London Buses by using the Transport for London Journey Planner