Network Rail are constructing a brand new station at Cambridge South, which will support the biomedical campus and serve this growing part of the city. They are also modernising the signalling and train control systems in the wider Cambridge area to improve reliability and reduce delays. These projects will require closures so that work can be safely carried out.
- Saturday 25 and Sunday 26 November 2023 – no trains between Royston and Cambridge
- Wednesday 27 and Thursday 28 December – no trains between Royston and Cambridge North
- Friday 29 December to Monday 1 January inclusive – no trains between Royston and Cambridge
- Saturday 3 and Sunday 4 February – no trains between Royston and Cambridge
- Saturday 2 and Sunday 3 March – no trains between Royston and Cambridge
There will be further dates when services will be affected. The details will be added closer to the time so keep checking back here.
How will this affect my journey?
On all these dates, replacement buses will run and journeys will take longer, so you will need to allow extra time. Visit our planned works calendar for more information about the date you're travelling, and check and plan your journey at nationalrail.co.uk
There may also be changes to late night or early morning services. Details of those will always be shown in our planned works calendar.
Are there any other works happening that could affect my journey?
Engineering works are taking place on other parts of the network - such as for the East Coast Digital Programme - may also impact your journeys from time to time. Always check and plan your journey before you travel at nationalrail.co.uk