On Mondays to Fridays from 26 February, six off-peak services will operate through the new tunnels linking Finsbury Park and London St Pancras International. Most of these trains will replace existing Great Northern or Thameslink services so there will be some changes to the service shown in our printed timetables:
- A small number of trains will depart from/arrive at London St Pancras International instead of London King's Cross
- The following Thameslink services will not run: 12:42 London Bridge to Brighton and 14:32 Brighton to London Bridge
- A small number of other services will operate to an amended timetable. Journeys affected by this may be extended by up to 20 minutes
- The new trains will be shown on departure screens with their ultimate destination which may be beyond London (e.g. Brighton, Horsham, Peterborough or Cambridge)
- The new services will operate between Horsham and Peterborough and between Brighton and Cambridge both routes running via Gatwick Airport, London Bridge and London St Pancras International
Trains may only stop at London St Pancras International and London Bridge for a short time. If you plan to leave the train there, please ensure you are ready to get off when the train arrives. London St Pancras International and London King's Cross are a short 5-10 minute walk apart. Both stations have step free access to the platforms
Fare and ticket information
Tickets between Great Northern destinations and 'London Terminals' are valid at London St Pancras International. If you wish to travel to Farringdon and stations beyond, please purchase a ticket to your intended destination before you travel.
These new services will be operated by Thameslink, however tickets marked 'Great Northern only' are valid on these services.