Full Competition Terms and Conditions
Win your Season ticket (the “Promotion”)*.
Terms of Participation in the Promotion (the “Terms”)
Gatwick Express, Great Northern, Southern and, Thameslink are brands of the Promoter Govia Thameslink Railway Limited (“the GTR Network”)
1.1. To be eligible you must:
1.1.1. be aged eighteen years or over; and
1.1.2. have a UK postal address; and
1.1.3. have a ‘Key Smartcard’ issued by Great Northern, Southern or Thameslink; and
1.1.4. have a Season Ticket (Weekly, Monthly, Annual or Period Season) on your Key Smartcard at the time of entering the free Prize draw and during the month in respect of which the Prize is awarded and
1.1.5. the Season Ticket held on the Smartcard must have been purchased from Great Northern, Southern or Thameslink website or managed station and valid to travel on train services operated by Gatwick Express, Great Northern, Southern, and Thameslink network, ; and
1.1.6. not have won any monthly draw in the Promotion or any prior version of this Promotion; and
1.1.7. agree to be bound by these Terms
1.2. Employees of the Promotor, Govia Thameslink Railway Limited, their families, dependants and agents and any other person connected with the Promoter are not eligible to Participate in the Promotion.
2.1.1. To enter you must complete the competition entry form located at: https://www.greatnorthernrail.com/win-big or https://www.southernrailway.com/win-big or https://www.thameslinkrailway.com/win-big
3. Promotion and Winner Selection
3.1. There will be six separate Prize draws, one in each month of October 2019, November 2019, December 2019, January 2020, February 2020, March 2020. These Terms apply in full to each Prize draw and each Prize draw is a separate Prize draw under this Promotion.
3.2. Where in any month on or before 00:00 on the 1st day of the month and by no later than [23:59] on the last day of that month you satisfy the Eligibility Criteria set out in 1, and Participate as set out in 2, then you shall be entered into the Prize draw for that month. If you hold an Annual Season Ticket and do not win a Prize your entry will be carried forward to any remaining Prize draws in this Promotion. If you do win a Prize you will no longer be eligible to participate in this Promotion for as long as you satisfy the Eligibility Criteria.
3.3. The first entry selected by the Promotor at random as part of the Prize draw will win the Prize, subject to the successful confirmation that all elements of the Eligibility criteria set out in 1 have been satisfied.
3.4. Random selection will be undertaken via the following process:
3.4.1. Duplicate entries in any month will be removed so only one entry per person will be counted in each month.
3.4.2. Each entry will be assigned a random number and a random number generator will select one winner.
3.4.3. The randomly drawn entry will then be checked to confirm their Eligibility. If a randomly drawn entry is deemed not to satisfy the Eligibility criteria a new winner will be drawn in accordance with the process above.
3.5. The winner will be notified by email on or around the first week of the following month. If a winner does not respond within seven days of being contacted, or any other reasonable period specified in our contact notice, of the notification being sent or is otherwise not available, the Prize will be forfeited by them and the Promotor may select an alternative entrant to receive the Prize.
4. The Prize
4.1. The winner will receive a cash Prize, the amount of which shall be equal to the value of their Season Ticket purchased that was loaded onto their ‘Key Smartcard’ at the time of entering this Promotion and was used to enter the Prize draw (“the “Prize”)
Additional Terms and Conditions
5. Only one entry per person.
6. Only Season Tickets that are wholly within the GTR Network are eligible.
7. The Prize is not transferable and, unless offered by the Promotor, there will be no substitutions, for the Prize.
8. No expenses incurred in connection with entry to or participation in this Promotion will be paid.
9. The Prize will be paid to the named holder of the ‘Key Smartcard’.
10. The monthly Prize draw of one winner will be across the GTR Network.
11. The winning selection of the Promotor is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. A winning entry/applicant will no longer be eligible to win again in subsequent months.
11. If a winner at a later date opts to refund their Season Ticket then the full value of the Prize must be repaid to Govia Thameslink Railway Limited.
12. The Promotor shall be entitled the right to refuse to accept any entry.
13. All entries are subject to verification. Incomplete, bulk, automated and third party entries (including “voting exchange”) will be disqualified.
14. Failure to comply with these Terms will automatically render an entry void.
15. The Promotor does not accept any liability for any entries which are late, lost, incomplete or rendered.
16. The name and county/town of the winner will be available for one month after the Prize draw closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the Promotor. The winner may be asked to agree to participate in any and all advertising, promotion or other commercial activities relating to the Prize draw and may be asked to agree that their photograph, image, likeness and voice may be used by the Promotor in all related promotional activity in any media without any rights of prior approval or inspection.
18. Participants may print these Terms or send a self-addressed envelope to our Customer Services requesting a copy and they will be sent to you.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw this Promotion or amend these Terms at any time without notice.
20. In the event of any dispute regarding the Terms, the Promotion itself or any other matter relating to, or arising out of, these Terms or the Promotion, the Promoter’s decision shall be final. No written correspondence or verbal discussion will be entered into.
21. The Promotor is Govia Thameslink Railway Limited of 3rd Floor, 41-51 Grey Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 6EE.
This Promotion and these Terms are governed by the Laws of England and Wales and the Promoter and Participants agree that the Courts of England and Wales, exclusively, shall settle disputes arising out of or in connection with these Terms and or the Promotion.