Ely Cathedral is only a short walk from Ely station and nestled in the midst of this beautiful riverside city surrounded by medieval architecture and parkland. Ely is one of the UK’s smallest Cathedral cities making it is easy to explore on foot with plenty to see and experience including museums, art galleries, antique emporiums, riverside pubs and tea rooms.
Highly regarded by historians and architects from all over the world for its beauty and size, Ely Cathedral is widely acknowledged as ‘one of the wonders of the Medieval world’. The present building dates from 1081 and is a remarkable example of both Romanesque and Norman architecture. In addition to its unique Octagon Tower and magnificent Lady Chapel, Ely has the third longest nave of any UK Cathedral and the only museum dedicated to stained glass in the UK. Visitors to the Cathedral are welcome to participate in one of our fully guided ground floor tours or, for the more adventurous, a tour up one of Ely’s famous towers.
As well as being a major visitor attraction, Ely has gained global recognition as a location for many prominent films including Elizabeth: The Golden Age, Macbeth, The King’s Speech and The Crown.
Terms & Conditions
- 2FOR1 offer valid on standard (£9) or concession (£6) admission fee only
- Show ticket at box office to receive offer
- Not applicable to Tower Tours or entry to Stained Glass Museum
- Offer valid Monday-Saturday, 9am-4pm, from March 1st to March 30th inclusive
- Opening times vary. Please check website www.elycathedral.org for details